Saturday, May 24, 2008

No Evidence of Jesus

A few days ago I was told that there is no evidence of Jesus Christ ever existing. You know the one. The guy who died on the cross. The dude who fed thousands with a couple loaves of bread and some fish. The man who everyone thought was crazy except twelve men. Yeah that Jesus Christ. I could not believe what I had heard. Jesus was not real? Was not flesh and blood? I know plenty of atheists who know that Jesus was a real person, but this was the first time I have ever heard the theory that he did not exist.
But I’m not writing this to prove her wrong. No, this reflection has nothing to do with her thoughts on Jesus as a man. Her theory just simple provoked a little thought into my mind. A little thought on an issue that I have not really spent time on thinking about in recent years. That issue would be my religion. I hate saying religion, it makes me feel so narrow minded, so I’ll use a different word. My belief. I do not understand the concept of making people feel like idiots for what they believe.
You’re a Christian? You’re a dumbass.
I try really hard not to judge other people. Ok, I don’t try that hard, but I do try harder than most Christians. What is ironic is that I was told never to judge as a Christian. If I were to record a conversation that me and my fellow “believers” have, and play it back, what would I hear? I would hear a conversation that would be full of judgments. Did God put us on this earth to judge? Christians are not suppose to judge. I am a Christian, and I am here to tell you that if somebody is judging you, they are probably a Christian.
We think that because we know Jesus’ teachings, and listen to them, we have more of a right to tell people they are wrong. But Jesus’ teachings told us something different. We judge. We decide. You’re wrong. We’re right.
You’re a homosexual? Heathen!
You have had sex? Whore!
You drink and party? God has given up on you!
You all shall burn in hell for what you have done!
Is this really what we should think? Is this what Jesus taught? Last time I checked, Jesus hung out with the whores and the drunks. We have turned into what Jesus hated.
We are the Pharacies.
We are the ones that deserve hell.
This girl told me there is no evidence of Jesus. And I know, I know, she meant the physical existence of Jesus, but Jesus should be alive and well today. Christians should be the new Jesus. Spreading the idea of hope and joy. Instead, we sit here and judge you for your sins. We may have sin, but we don’t have sin like those people. They roll around in their filth and their disgusting habits. God has left them a long time ago.
Jesus would be ashamed of us. Instead of shining our light towards people who need it, we keep it to ourselves, and call them sinners because they don’t have it. Shameful.

No comments: