Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cheers. It's a New Year.

So it is new years and I am sitting in my room alone. I am okay with this. I haven’t spent much time by myself lately. This might not be the best night to be alone, but it is what it is, I can’t complain. I am comfortable. Conor Oberst is serenading me as I write this (I am listening to I’m Wide Awake on Vinyl (Because I am cool like that)). So actually, I am kind of glad to be by myself right now. I just would like to say to everyone that I know and that I have met over the past year that I love you guys, and that I am glad we met. You all mean something to me. It may vary in degrees of importance, but all of you mean something to me. And I have learned something from all of you. The only person I will single out is Brian, because Brian is leaving us all for Seattle.

Brian, you have been a close friend since Denver, when I first showed you the Bright Eyes song, “At the Bottom of Everything” and you liked it as much as I did. We have shared some great times, and we have shared low times, but we have always stayed close. I’m gunna miss you man, and all the late nights, and the hill nights, and the writing, and the talking, and the cigarettes, and the record shopping, and the movies, and clothes shopping, and the late night drives, and the downtown trips, and the fighting about what is AIR, and all the shit that came with being with your friend. I will miss all of it. I know your coming back, but right now, it does not feel like it. That makes me sad. It’s like I want to get that procedure that Jim Carey got in Eternal Sunshine. But I guess I’m just being emo. Anyways, here’s to you man. Cheers. Happy New Years. I hope you find what you are looking for in Seattle, and I hope you come back and tell me what you find. As for me, I will sit here and wait for that day, when you come back, and you realize that all you needed was right here in SD. We’ll all miss you man. Have a good trip, and don’t turn into Sergio. Haha.

            

3 comments:

gamgee said...

simsim, please don't get that procedure. you'll only regret it when you find The Tape that tells you the truth. and who knows, maybe what he's looking for IS in seattle, or maybe it IS in sd, or maybe it's in denver, or oklahoma city. hopefully mine is in a cooler city. i miss talk/yelling with you about movie releases etc.

]3rian said...

thanks Chris. I'm sure you're right, and what I'm looking for IS right here. but I'm going to check Seattle just in case (: I'll miss you.

gina said...

fighting over what is air!!!!..... too bad i missed that because im dying of laughter just imagining it! bahaha!