Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm Trying to Still Love H.E.R.

Inspired by Common Sense

 

I met her when I was about 9 years-old, and since then I have not been able to break her spell. There was something about her that I couldn’t over come. She was beautiful to say the least. Everything about her made me love her. She always spoke the truth, and she never lied to me. I wanted to do everything for her, I was completely obsessed by her beauty and her brains. She never got old to me. Every time she was around, I fell even more in love with her, if that was possible. She was great to me. She never let me down. She kept me interested. I learned something new about her everyday, and she was oh so beautiful.

I used to love her so much, but a little bit of that has died down. As I have gotten older, I have realized she has become a whore. And I don’t mean a whore as a bitch, but I mean a whore as in a prostitute. She has since become all about the money. What used to make her so special to me was her creativity, and her desire to be a work of art. Now she has become a symbol, and only cares about the money she can make. It was only me who knew about why she was so special. She was my best-kept secret. What makes it worse is that I still am in love with her. Does that make me a whore too? I try to find the beauty that she still has inside of her, but I only can find it in the most obscure of places, most of her has been taken up by the glamour and glitz that comes with the money. More and more she has fallen into the greed of America, and I am stuck trying to find the pieces of her that still care about true art, and pure beauty. I’m afraid that those pieces will soon be gone. I used to love her, there was something I couldn’t overcome, but she’s not as special as she used to be.

If I haven’t made myself clear enough by now, I am sorry. The girl I am in love with is music. Music is my driving force, it is rooted in my soul, but it seems as of lately, it is becoming more about the money and the fame, rather than the art. She is my first love, and I hope she is my last.

3 comments:

gamgee said...

yes.

what is the point of a televised contest of someone becoming the next american idol when none of them are creating, only imitating past genius by someone other than themselves. they didn't write those words. they didn't write those chords. they don't know. they just want to be a star.

SIMMERdown said...

yeah. exactly.

]3rian said...

I like it better when you keep it a guessing game instead of giving away the secret.